Ngā Uara - Values
Ngā uara acknowledge the past as well as the future. They acknowledge our inseparable connection with the people around us, our communities and those throughout the world. Our values acknowledge our connection not only with all people but will all things living and non-living with whom we share this planet. We acknowledge our hākui Papatūānuku, and our matua Ranginui from who we all descend.
Our values guide Para Kore kaimahi in their relationships with people and te taiao. Kaitiakitanga is our first value which encompasses the following three values.
Riro Taonga Mai, Hoki Taonga Atu
- We are proactive in protecting the health of Papatūānuku, Ranginui me ō rāua uri and in teaching others about our collective responsibility.
- With all of our actions we are mindful of the impact we have.
- We encourage and inspire others to think about and act to protect and serve Papatūānuku.
He kākano ahau i ruia mai i Rangiātea.
Ko au ko koe, ko koe ko au
- We communicate from the perspective that we are all interconnected; we are linked through our genealogies, our relationships with each other, and our inseparable ties with all living and non-living entities with whom we share this planet.
- We build relationships with others based on the understanding that we are them and they are us.
He kokonga whare e kitea, he kokonga ngākau e kore e kitea.
Nā taku rourou, nā tau rourou ka ora ai te iwi
- We work with others with respect and care. We show positive regard for one another - kindness, generosity and consideration. We look after the mana of others.
- He tangata kī tahi - Our word is all we have - we say something and we stick to it.
Whāia te iti kahurangi ki te tūohu koe me he maunga teitei
- We value knowledge in the pursuit of understanding.
- We are open to the insights shared by each other and appreciate all that is contributed within the learning process.
Mā te rongo, ka mōhio
Mā te mōhio, ka mārama
Mā te mārama, ka mātau
Mā te mātau, ka ora